Final

 


Another quarter has passed and yet again, new knowledge has been acquired. At this point, I am not going to lie and sugarcoat anything. Fourth quarter was a total disaster. Out of all the quarters, this quarter is the most chaotic of them all.

At first, I thought this quarter would be the same or even easier than the previous quarters since teachers give students less tasks to answer. However, with less workload per subject, comes multiple thematic projects for various subjects. Not to mention, students are also required to finish a complete research paper individually. It really sucks that such tasks that would normally take a group of people to accomplish will now be done by one person and with very limited time. 

With all the backlogs, pending activities, and thematic projects, I almost had no time to eat, rest, and sleep. I do acknowledge that there may be enough time for me to finish all these tasks, and not being able to finish is just all in my head. However, the constant reminders and pressure pushes me to the edge. I am not even exaggerating this, but the pressure given to us is unimaginable, to the point that I doubt if teachers are aware that there are other subjects besides their own and that we have different responsibilities at home.

Additionally, students, were not informed of the academic calendar for this quarter. One day, we just woke up to almost all of the modules from different subjects that were sent earlier than expected. This is both confusing and pressuring. Aside from that, students are also not informed of the deadline beforehand, often times teachers just message us with “Today is the deadline” or “Tomorrow is the submission”, which is frustrating because deadlines should be said days or a week before. I would also like to add that a few weeks were stripped off our supposed to be schedule to accomplish all the modules, leaving us with lesser time to finish 1-2 weeks’ worth of tasks. It’s the lack of compassion and consideration, I guess.

While we struggle with our modules and thematic projects, we – Grade 10 students also have to remember to take a pictorial for the graduation / moving up ceremony, and I must say: how can I look good in it when I am stressed and overworked with everything? 

Moving on or should I say, moving up, I have indeed learned a lot and I have yet more to conquer. It was exciting to start this school year in a new setting but I am more excited to finish it. The stress given to me the entire school year needs more than just a month or two of vacation to compensate, in fact, I think I need an entire year (or even more) of relaxation.





Image Reference/s:

The IDM (2020) Retrieved from https://www.theidm.com/blog/introducing-modular-learning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Duterte Regime

A Step Towards National Resilience

Here's to 2021!